Sunday, January 31, 2021

A reintroduction!

 I'm Max Thiede. I currently teach 7th grade English at Atlas Preparatory Academy and help run UWM-led youth film workshop Milwaukee Visionaries Project. I've taught both for 4 years. I graduated from UWM with a bachelors in English Ed, but now I'm working on a master’s degree in curriculum and instruction, examining how physical and digital structures influence learners. When not working or studying, I like to volunteer with local organizations including Draw Write Here, Voces De La Frontera, and the MTEA. I also love fish and have 2 aquariums! 

One blog that I recommend everyone check out it Cult of Pedagogy! Started by Jennifer Gonzalez, it has tips on everything, and I mean everything. While some of her posts are clearly her being a corporate shill, there's very few quality education blogs that aren't sellouts. 

One website that I recommend everyone check out is Teaching Tolerance! A project made by the SPLC, Teaching Tolerance has a lot of great theory and some decent resources about teaching in the classroom. See my collage below.


I'm very excited to meet everyone and look forward to more interacting!





No comments:

Post a Comment

system.out.println("what a great program");